Welcome to Marianne Wilson Photography

My name is Marianne Wilson and I am a Southern California and Destination Wedding Photographer. I would like to welcome you to my website and blog.
This is where I post previews of my recent shoots, fun photos from my
daily life, and other photo related tidbits. So take a look around and get to know me a bit.

To navigate through specific categories just use the navigation bar above.
Bookmark me and check back as I am always adding new posts!

Photo by Tim Halberg

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Proposal Ideas: #1 The Photographers Dream

So I have decided to start a new weekly tip about proposing to your dearest. This just comes from years of thinking and imagining what my proposal would be like. I am hoping to come up with a new idea each week until I am all out of ideas. These will typically be related to some personal experience. Enjoy!

If you follow wedding/engagement photography you might have seen this done before, or some variation of it. I love it!

The first proposal idea is:

Secret Photography Session
:

This is a great idea if :you have a lady who loves photography and being surprised.

The idea is to take your lady out for a typical or semi romantic outing and having a stealthy photographer capture the proposal and then shooting your engagement session right then!

You would first need to plan the day. I would suggest making it as "normal" as possible so she doesn't suspect anything. Do something you guys have done a thousand times. Bowl? Take her to a bowling ally. Are you both fans of Disneyland? Do it there!

Get in contact with a photographer in your area (moi? I'd love to!) and set up the date. You will want to coordinate with your photographer so they know the exact location and time so they can make sure to be in the vicinity to capture the big moment.

Once you have proposed, she of course said yes, and you've hugged, your photographer can come in and let her in on the biggest surprise. Your engagement shoot!

If you're really good you could possibly have a change of clothes for both of you in the car so you can have a few different looks even.

You special lady is sure to be surprised and cherish these photos forever.

- Marianne

No comments: